Compare to the active ingredients of Proviable® Forte
Keep your pet’s gut happy and healthy with 10 billion Colony-Forming Units (CFU) & seven strains of live probiotic microorganisms. Flora capsules contain the same active ingredients of Proviable® Forte, but are priced at 59% cheaper per capsule.
- Prebiotics to help probiotic growth in the intestinal tract
- Promotes a healthy gut & builds up the immune system
- Made with human-grade ingredients at an FDA-registered facility in the U.S.
- Useful for instances where your pet’s gut is likely to get upset. (After antibiotics, when introducing new food or treats, during travel etc.)
- Supports pets with sensitive stomachs or food intolerances. Can be used as a treatment regimen for gastrointestinal diseases such as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Easy to administer! Give as a pill or break open capsule and sprinkle into food
- Save money: 59% cheaper per capsule than a competitor with the same formula. That's extra money to pamper your pet!
* Not for human consumption
PROBIOTIC BLEND: 10 BILLION CFU
- Enterococcus Faecium
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus
- Streptococcus Thermophillus
- Lactobacillus Bulgaricus
- Lactobacillus Casei
- Bifidobacterium Bifidum
- Lactobacillus Plantarum
|For Cats & Dogs||Human-grade ingredients||Veterinarian-formulated|
|FDA-regulated facility||Made in USA||NSF-Certified|
We got our rescue dog a couple of months ago. He's had some GI issues since we got him and has been on two rounds of antibiotics. I received a bottle of Flora and have been giving it to him daily. I believe it's helping his GI issue improve slowly! Giving it to him is also very easy. It's a capsule of powder you pull open and put into the dog's food, and our dog licks it right up with the rest of his food. The price is reasonable for the amount you get, too.
If your pup's having issues, I suggest giving this a shot. :)
Customer service is definitely 5 star! Product is great and the fact that you receive a hand written personalized card thanking you for your support is the icing on the cake! My dog is healthy and continues to be due to the products!
My dog was extremely sick and the emergency vet put her on this but a more expensive brand. I am on fixed income and this allows me to keep her IBD under control. I just loss a longtime fur baby companion and my 3 yr old rescue is my savior. Thank you for this product
This is my first experience with Pebble and I ordered the Flora, as I have three dogs, I ordered 3 bottles. They arrived in a sturdy box, which I can use later perhaps as a dog gift box since it has a nice design. Since this was/is my first order (certainly not the last!) I also received a handwritten note and a FREE bottle of a joint supplement because in the profile I shared my Doberman who is still young (5) was suffering from arthritis pain. I plan on finishing up with the Cosequin he is on and trying theirs.It was incredibly generous and unique! I also LOVE the fact they support rescues (which I have) I will be back
I got this for a kitten who was given Convenia during neuter, as a precaution. I was not happy about this or asked; vet just did. Bought FLORA to help boost his immune system to recover. Seems to be working great! Gotta love the special personalized packaging :) Thanks so much!
PREBIOTICS AND PROBIOTICS: A GUIDE TO DIGESTIVE HEALTH IN DOGS AND CATS
Maintaining a healthy digestive tract is essential to your pet’s overall health. The small and large intestines are Inhabited by literally millions of bacteria and other microorganisms, creating an internal ecosystem that helps to perform a range of vital life functions. Sometimes referred to as the “forgotten organ”, these roles include:
- digestion and absorption of nutrients
- maintenance of the intestinal lining to protect against invading pathogens
- stimulation of the immune system
Understanding the interplay between overall health and the intestinal microbiome is an especially active area of medical research, and this list continues to expand as we learn more.
Probiotics are defined as live beneficial bacteria that when ingested in large enough numbers provide health benefits for the host. Probiotics enhance the population of “good” bacteria in the gut, and may inhibit the growth and activity of harmful bacteria.
Prebiotics are essentially “food” for beneficial bacteria, selectively supporting the growth and proliferation of beneficial organisms in order to restore or maintain optimal balance.
WHEN SHOULD I GIVE MY PET A PROBIOTIC?
A quality probiotic supplement can be given daily to healthy pets of all ages. Administering probiotics proactively helps support a healthy immune system before illness can arise and may help prevent episodes of gastrointestinal upset. Probiotics can also be especially useful in certain scenarios where gut flora is likely to be disturbed:
- During and after courses of antibiotics
- When introducing a new diet or treat
- During times of stress such as travel or boarding
- To help support pets with “sensitive” stomachs or food intolerances
- As part of a treatment regimen for more severe gastrointestinal diseases such as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
WHAT ELSE CAN I DO TO SUPPORT MY PET'S DIGESTIVE SYSTEM?
In addition to administering digestive health supplements, there are other steps you can take at home when your pet experiences mild signs of vomiting or diarrhea.
- Offer a bland, easily digestible diet such as boiled chicken and rice until your pet’s symptoms have subsided
- Divide your pet’s food into several small portions daily rather than one or two large meals
- Boost your pet’s fiber intake by adding a teaspoon of plain canned pumpkin to their regular food
- Seek veterinary help whenever there is a change in appetite, lethargy or if symptoms do not resolve after several days